The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Went to the aquarium, saw one of the PRINCESSES of Japan...

OK, I think I was way more excited about this than the staff at the hotel, and EVEN the girls. When we were leaving the aquarium, I could see that everyone had been stopped. We walked on a little closer, and this huge motorcade came through right in front of us. I was wondering if it wasn't the prime minister. Anyway, after asking someone who jokingly said, "I don't speak much English at all!" I found out it was Princess Kiko!! I did take time to tease the guy about how great his English was for someone who doesn't speak it. He and his co-worker just laughed. There were TONS of security people!

I have pictures, but Sam will have to help me upload them from the camera. Fortunately, I had a little bit of battery left to snap a picture of the Princess.

Today was very interesting...we were watching Ku (Shamu) and his dolphin buddies swimming underwater. I was taking pictures, enjoying the view......I notice this guy to the left of us, lying down (first sign something is wrong), with his hand down his pants - and he wasn't just scratching. What is WRONG with these people!!! Here I have my three, very innocent girls, who THANK GOD, are watching Ku and the dolphins within feet of some pervert!!! We quickly left, and I wished I would have said something to the many security guards, but I wasn't sure how to mime (with my luck they would have misinterpreted it as a proposition) that there was a pervert down there doing perverted things. OK, I'm over it now - PERVERT!!!

Other than the pervert (no, really I'm over it), today was a good day. We are getting so good at the subway. We also saw a huge, beautiful ship sailing in the port. Again, I have lots of pictures to post.

Two of the girls used the Japanese-style potties, and we didn't get it everywhere - woohoo! They still freak me out though -LOL :)

I guess that's it for now. We are going to the Outback again tonight. Gracie and Izzy need some red meat -LOL :) I'm kind of looking forward to a Bloomin' Onion. We love per diem!

One more thing...if you're reading this, please take a moment to pray for Malorrie - may God continue to heal her, give her strength and hope, and provide strength and hope for Lorrie, Robert, Josh, and Jordan.

Also, please pray for my baby brother, Chris. May God do what's best for Dylan, Marah, and Livvy, and help Chris and Cari keep the children's best interest at heart.

God can work miracles! I have three angels to prove it!

Love and Hugs!
~Michelle

6 comments:

Granny said...

How exciting about the princess. But the pervert is not something I would have expected. The Japanese have a more casual view of sex than most Americans but that is the first I've heard of anything like that in public. They are usually a very modest people couples hardly ever hold hands in public. While you are on per diem eat all the red meat you can because it will really chew up your budget. Dad is taking the girls for the morning walk. He is so proud of how Bandi is doing they are walking further each day. Which is good for all of them. My legs are so sore I can barely make it around the yard. Izzy's flower is growing a few new leaves. It had nine fat little catapillars on it the other day and they chewed almost all the leaves off. Gracie's petunia just isn't doing well. But the other two plants are happy. I planted a purple butterfly bush in one of the plastic tubs we used for packing. There were lots of pretty butterflies along the creek the other day. A big yellow swallowtail was on the Jasmine by the mailbox yesterday. Dad loves to walk down to the creek. But he keeps losing the lock for the back gate. I got new ones and I usually find it in the oddest of places. Yes I did lock myself in the garage (twice) but worse I locked myself out the back door twice as well. I fixed steak on the grill last night and it was really good. I plan to do some housecleaning today even though we still have some things we haven't gotten put away yet. We love and miss you. We will keep Mallorie in our prayers she is such a sweet girl. Chris is always in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully the judge will have a sensible day. Will it be in the Shawnee court or Seminole county? One thing about those children know they have Linda and George to love them and that will give them strength. Kids are tough, and if they know they have people that love them they can bounce back pretty well from most things. I'm so glad you are all having such fun I love reading about your adventures. I will read it to Dad when he gets back. Love Mom

Mrs. Glenn said...

Actually, because we are in such a big city, the food here is pretty
reasonable. Meat is a little more expensive, but not as ridiculous as
people said it would be. Happy Meals here are actually about the same price, and you get 5 nuggets instead of 4. Outback was $95, but Sam had steak, I had Alice Springs chicken, the girls had Filet Mignon, we also had a Bloomin' Onion, 3 beers, and a Margarita. So, when you think
about it, it was probably cheaper than the states.

Nagoya and the people here are very modern. I think you would be
amazed at how things have changed since you and Dad were here + it's a large city.

We're glad you are enjoying the house. We miss Bandit, but know Dad is spoiling her - she deserves it. The girls and I always loved the butterflies around the mailbox bush!

Love,
~Shale

Granny said...

The photos were all GREAT!!!!! There are so many interesting places to go and see!! I can't wait to see the photos and read about the trip to the red ship.
I know when Dad gets up because Bandit starts happy pacing. She tries to get Princess to play with her when he is putting the leashes on. He has to do Princess first (she will sit still after hers is on) and Bandit tries to get between them. When Bandit gets hers on they are GONE!! Dad says she is "coming right along". They are walking the full circle now at least twice a day. I'm glad the food is priced reasonably. I was a bit concerned about that. Bandit is telling me she wants her canned dog food so I better get busy. Send more photos the girls look like they are having a great time. Love Mom

Cindy Tucker said...

Wow - it sounds and looks like y'all are having a fantastic time! I love the pictures - especially the ones of the dolphins underwater. Miss you all!

Anonymous said...

Kristy and I have seen the sailing ship when we were in Victoria, British Columbia. That's pretty cool that's it's been back and forth across the Pacific.

Hope you all are doing well. Things are good here. I went to see the Air Force Academy and Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. Both were impressive.

Kristy said we are getting an offer on our house, so hooray!!!!

I've been keeping you in prayer and glad to hear things are going well.

Mrs. Glenn said...

Phil, so glad the house sold!!! We've been praying that you all will be together again as a family. I can't imagine how hard it's been being separated. When you get time, email me more about Colorado. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Kristy sent me pictures of the boys. They are just the most handsome boys. Seth is pretty cute - OK absolutely gorgeous!!!

Love you and congrats again!
~Shale