The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Today's Adventure

Hi all!

We went to the movies today to see Shrek 3. I had to ask the staff at the Tokyu, and they helped me find an English showing. We took the subway (and got it right!!!) to Midway Station, which is a shopping mall. I tried to ask a Japanese couple where the theatre was, but they could not get what I was asking - charades at its best, I promise - LOL :)

I finally asked a security officer, and he walked us to the elevator and told me floor 5. It cost the girls and me about $60.00 (concessions are much cheaper here, so I guess it evens out), but it was so worth it :) (sorry, Sam)

The movie featured the original voices and sounds with Japanese subtitles. The theatre is a lot like the ones here, but the seats are a little larger and a leather-type material. When buying tickets, you have to choose a seat section and numbers like a concert-type show. We were seated in F15-18, which fortunately is on the end. Four girls+soda=lots of bathroom breaks :)

OK, here's the big kicker - caramel popcorn!!! Yes, you have the choice of salty popcorn or caramel corn, and yes, it was scrumptious!

It's the rainy season, and Okinawa was expecting a Typhoon, which means we will be getting a lot more rain. We were fortunate to be out of the subway during breaks, but got quite soaked going to the 99 yen store this morning. The bell hop just looked at me and shook his head - crazy Americans :)

Missing you all!~Michelle

No comments: