The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Nagoya Castle

We went back to the zoo yesterday. I will post some pics. Sam took the girls for a ride in this huge pink swan paddleboat. The girls got to feed the sea lions, and didn't blink twice about getting to hold huge, dead fish. Of course, after they fed them, they turned around and wiped their hands off on their shirts.

Today, we went to Nagoya Castle. Sam was telling me that they rebuilt it in 1945. It took me a minute to figure out why. They had pictures of the fire bombings - war is very sad. The walls of the castle are amazing. I now understand why the Japanese are so skinny - they have an obsession with stairs. I am loving it though, I'm getting quite the workout. There was also a Sumo tournament going on at the theatre next to the castle, so we got to see a lot of the wrestlers leaving. We wanted to get one of them to take a picture with the girls, but neither of us was brave enough to ask - LOL :)

Write more later!
~Michelle

2 comments:

Granny said...

How adorable. They all have that look when they are really thinking things out. Yes it does teach you a lot about war!!! I had always believed that it was all about them attacking Pearl Harbour and wondered why such a peacfull non-violent people would just start such a thing. As you learn more of their history you begin to understand that our interaction with them befor the war was not as innocent as we would like to think. This is all such an enriching experience not only for you and Sam but the girls will learn soooo much about the world at such an early age. I'm proud of you all too for using chopsticks. I never could master them. Love

Cindy Tucker said...

I hope you're scouting out fun things for us to do when I come visit! I don't think I'm too interested in holding those fish though - I'll be sure to bring some hand sanitzer ... just in case!

I'm loving reading about your your day-to-day fun. I've sent this address to several people who are enjoying living vicariously through y'all! =)