The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Gracie's Turn

Sam was so sweet and let me sleep until about 9:30. Every now and then I would hear him running interference ("let Mommy sleep"). When I got up, I noticed Gracie's face was bright red, but I figured she had been running. She overheats easily, and turns bright red. After about 5 minutes, we decided it was not heat, but a rash. I gave her Benadryl all day, but it did nothing for it. At about 8:00, I called our dear friend Debbie, who is a nurse. It always makes ME feel better after talking to her :) Anyway, it finally hit me a little while later that it could be Fifth's Disease, since the Benadryl wasn't taking care of it like an allergy, and the rash was only on her face (mainly cheek area). I cancelled my Monday get-together with Keiko and Chiyomi, so I could take Gracie to the doctor today. She slept in until about 9:00, but got up rash-free. Ok, I'm sorry, but I'm officially griping and whining - I'm so sick of my babies being sick :)

I guess I should admit that I took a long nap Saturday, too. So, my house is a mess and my babies are sick - sounds like the beginning a blue's song.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless you all!!! They should have a super-duper immune system by now!!! I'm so glad you have someone to turn too. Bless them all too. You can whine all you want too. You have the right!! I'll listen to you anytime. I wish I could give you solutions but I'm short on those. Just give the girls a big hug and love you. I hope their movies and treats get there soon. Love Mom