The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Friday, March 21, 2008

A Visitor, A Wedding, and Another Day in the Snow!


We've had a great week, but I think we are all exhausted. Sophie fell asleep on the couch before dinner. I think we're going to try and chill a little tomorrow.

On Monday, we picked up Sam's cousin, Mike. He is traveling the world, and took time out to spend with us. I was his first official "car ride" in Japan....he got back in the car with me on Tuesday, so I guess I'm doing OK :) We've really enjoyed the company and getting to know/catch up with one another. The girls love him, too. He's also been a great help with the girls and the house! He will tell them to pick up their toys, and he can give the "look" when they're misbehaving :) I think they were a little disappointed that he wasn't just going to bow down and let them run over him. It's funny, sometimes they call him, "Mike," but most of the time he's, "Daddy's cousin." Bless his heart, he's a light sleeper, which doesn't work well in this house :) When he arrived, he told me how nice it was to be able to "talk" to people again. I'm thinking at this point, he's wishing he were alone again in the Australian Bush! Again, it has been wonderful having him here!

On Tuesday, Mike, the Girls, and I met Sam for lunch at CoCo Curry, and then we took Mike to the Aquarium. We had lots of fun, and it's always nice having those extra hands/attention with the girls.
Wednesday, was playgroup and shopping for flower girl dresses! They were so good about letting me pick dresses for them that I liked. Although, later that evening Gracie informed me that she thought the white ones WERE prettier (I chose the pink ones).

On Thursday, Izzy, Sophie, and Gracie were flower girls in our friend, Ai-san's wedding!! The girls enjoyed having their nails painted, hair curled, and I let them wear a little makeup. Again, Michael was so sweet with helping me get the 4 of us out the door on time. Ai-san made the most beautiful bride I've ever seen! It was the most amazing experience to get to see the traditional wedding kimono! Ai-san also changed into a beautiful blue gown! The girls were so excited and did really well. They stood side-by-side, and after being announced, the doors were opened for them. The whole room was turned and looking at them with cameras flashing. I was a little concerned they would turn and run the other way, but they walked up to the front and presented Ai-san and her husband, Zoran, with their flowers. They even tried to say, "Omeditoo Gozaimus," which is, "Congratulations!" They kept telling me how beautiful Ai-san was, and how they felt like princesses. Sophie was Sleeping Beauty, Gracie was Ariel, and Izzy was Gazelle (aka: Giselle) - LOL :) I was very, very proud of them! We had a couple of 4 year-old moments, but they recovered nicely - they love Ai-san and knew that this was a very special day for her. Our Tokyu friends and our friend, Hami, were so wonderful with the girls! Eri-san and Hami helped me dress the girls before and after their duties. We also got to see Akaya-san for a minute and grab a quick hug :) It was an enchanting time!
Today, Sam was off, so we headed back to the mountains for one more day of snow fun before the season ends. Sam rode the gondola to the top of the mountain and boarded down. The girls and I played in the snow, and they practiced boarding on the trainer board Sam bought them. Then we went in and grabbed lunch. They have a play area inside for the kids, so we spent the rest of the time inside. They made friends and had a great time. They talked me into getting them ice cream cones, so we got those and went to sit and eat them. As they were finishing , I noticed Sam on his board. He fell down, so I called him on my cell so Gracie could tell him it was an awesome fall. Then we all waved to him from the window :)

We went back to play some more in the play area. Sam came over with an ice cream cone, and there was this adorable little boy, who locked in on Sam, or should I say Sam's ice cream. He literally went over to Sam and poked him in the side and smiled. Sam motioned to his momma if he could have one and went and bought him one. Sam said the little boy's face, as he's walking toward him with the ice cream cone, was the highlight of his day. I think it was probably the highlight of the little boy's day as well :) We spent some more time playing with him and his family, and he kept taking pictures of Sam and the girls with his momma's cell phone.

We have just had so many precious moments with so many precious people!!! We're counting down the days until we get to visit our precious family and friends in the states!

Sleep deprived......will add more pics tomorrow.

Easter Blessings!
~Michelle

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a week!! The girls photos were great!! They look just like the princesses they are. The bride was beautifull. Every little girls dream. We are anxious for you to come home too. Love Granny and Papa Glenn

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the other pictures! The one with no shoe is ADORABLE!!! I love that! When exactly are yall coming back???

Cindy Tucker said...

Oh my goodness - they look absolutely gorgeous!

I love reading about your many adventures in Japan - Michelle, you have a real knack of retelling everything in a way that makes us feel like we're right there with you!

Anonymous said...

your girls are just adorable!!