The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Communication Problem - An accident with a name stamp and a house

I got a call a few minutes ago. It was a Japanese caller. I told her, "Nihongo wakarimasen," which is "I don't understand Japanese." She told me, "Chotto matte kudasai," which fortunately I knew meant to hold on a minute. Another lady comes on to try and communicate with me, but she only knows a few English words. So I'm hearing a string of Japanese words with "name stamp, husband, house, hospital, and call" thrown in. She then gives me the number to call, from what I can gather, the hospital. I asked her, "Is my husband in the hospital?" She says some more Japanese and then the word "call" again. I'm trying not to panic, and try to call Sam's cell. Of course, there is no answer. I then try to call the hospital number I was given, which I repeated back in Japanese to make sure I had it written on my hand correctly - no answer. Little Miss Gracie had heard my conversation and wants to know if Daddy is in the hospital. I tell her I don't think so, but Mommy needs to make some phone calls. I call our friend Mike, who works close to Sam and explain what has happened. He was so sweet and ran over, with Tim, to check on Sam for me. I get a call a few minutes later.....it was Sam asking me WHO was in the hospital? I called Mike back to tell him thanks. I think Sam, Mike, and Tim were LAUGHING about it all! So, he is OK. There was no crazy accident with a name stamp and a house, and I am having a glass of wine before 5 o'clock :)

Chalk it up to more incentive to learn the language.

~Michelle

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Gracie see you enjoying your wine? lol That was the cutest thing!

Anonymous said...

oops! I mean did Izzy see you enjoying your wine?? lol

Mrs. Glenn said...

I can't get by with ANYTHING between the three of them! I was cooking ramen noodles this morning, and just as I was sitting down to eat them, here they all three come bouncing down the stairs - "Mommy we smelled your food!" Sheeeesh!

Anonymous said...

I love all the stories about the girls. They are growing up so fast. It seeems to me like you are doing very well with the language. It takes time and practice. Thanks for sharing. Love Mom

Cindy Tucker said...

You sure can't get away with anything, can you? =) Hilarious!