The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

WOW!

Thanks to my wonderful wife who stayed home with the sick kiddos I got to kiteboard for the first time!

Over the last 2 years I have tried several times to take lessons but kept having problems finding an opening that fit my schedule or the weather and finally the language. About 6 weeks ago everything finally lined up and I was able to take kiteboarding lessons. Wasn't able to actually ride but learned the basics. I went to the river a couple times after that but the wind was not good enough for me to actually try to ride but I praticed flying and re-launching the kite. Re-launching is a nice way to say the darn thing kept falling out of the sky!

Yesterday the wind was great and I was able to actually RIDE! It was a great day!

The pictures are small but if you click on them you get a larger picture.


This is the sandbar on the river where I go to, when the river level changes this whole area is a couple feet underwater. I know the tide changes the water level but there is also something else because in 5 hours I watched this place go from beach to 2 feet under water and then back to beach.






This is one of the guys I have met there, everyone there have been very nice and helpful.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Looks like you had lots of fun ... Glad you got to go play.

Anonymous said...

That does look like fun!! A lot like the parachute you rode in Larado. Your knifes came in the mail today. I have some more things ready to mail. I'll just stop by Walmarts for some Starburst and Yogurt bites on the way to the PO. I put them in the box and Dad has already pulled them out to ask what they were. I'm make sure they are packed. Love Mom

aerohawkette said...

So very awesome Sam!! WOHOOO! Tear it up!!

--Starr