The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Will the "sickies" ever go away!?!

I took the Girls to the doctor yesterday. Gracie tested positive for strep (I almost didn't take her), and Izzy and Sophie were both "iffy." All three have tonsillitis AGAIN. Fortunately, he put all three on antibiotics. Sophie also got drops for her horrible pink eye, and Gracie got some ointment with steroids and antibiotic for her flaring eczema. We have been fighting the tonsillitis since we got back to Japan in May - one of them always has a red, sore throat.

Today, the girls and I went out to get some cold medicine for their cough. Sophie kept telling me she was itchy. I told her I would give her some Benadryl when we got home. When we got home I checked her itchy spots, and the poor baby had hives all over. I shoved a Benadryl down her and put cortisone on the patches. All I can figure is she is allergic to the Amoxicillin :( So, after researching it, I called Dr. Sasake in a panic. I didn't want to give her anymore at bedtime, in case she has a worse reaction - not good with her asthma. I'm also worried about the reaction getting worse, although she seems to already be much better. So, we are off to Dr. Sasake's in an hour. They are always wonderful in getting us in very quickly, and they can usually understand me. It can be scary to be in a foreign country with a sick child and not be able to communicate effectively :)

Poor Sam, we had all these big plans for his week off, but at least he's been able to go kiteboarding. He is planning on blogging about his experience :) I can't wait to see the pictures. I am worried because he has started coughing now. What are the odds we gave him something?

Hopefully, we will get them well by the time school starts. I'm starting to feel like a horrible mother :(

Love to you all, and thanks for letting me hang out on the pity pot.

No comments: