The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Our new family members

A couple of weeks ago we went camping at Araragi. We were hoping to find some beetles. The sweet man who runs the camp, went and found several beetles for the girls. We ended up bringing 4 small beetles home, and "Missy" (who I think is a boy). He has quite the personality. He tries to act all big and bad, but the girls just scoop him up anyway. I guess I might have a bad attitude too, if I were a guy named "Missy." Anyway, here are some pictures:

We left the snake and fire-belly newt (salamander) we caught. We did also bring home 3 different kinds of caterpillars. One died, but the other two made cocoons.

The next picture is of "Claws." Sam brought her home from kiteboarding. I believe she is a fiddler crab, and she seems to be doing really well. We are feeding her flaked salmon, and she is very active :) Sophie donated her My Little Pony house for Claws to live in.

That's all for now. I will be trying to catch up on sharing our latest adventures

Love,

~Michelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Hmmmm...this may influence whether or not I can come visit! lol I get the heebie jeebie's (or however you spell that!) just looking at the pictures!!!

Cindy Tucker said...

I'm with Courtney on this one! eeeeeewwwwww!

Why am I not one bit surprised that your girls would love all God's creatures? They're just like their Momma!