The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Update on Sophie

Dr. Sasake took her off the Amoxicillin, and told me to continue with the Benadryl. I went ahead and gave her the pink eye antibiotics (eye drops). I went to check on the girls at about 9:30, and noticed Sophie scratching in her sleep. She had hives all over her again, and her face was swollen. I gave her Benadryl and applied Cortisone again, and she is sleeping peacefully. I will be giving her Benadryl every 4 hours just to make sure. What a scary afternoon :(

1 comment:

Cindy Tucker said...

Oh my goodness - poor things! I can't believe they've been sick all this time. Glad you were watching things so carefully and have stopped the meds.
I'm sure it is scary to go for medical help if you're not sure you understand or they understand you - sounds like you've found a good doctor!
Hang in there, friend!