The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Vacation - Oklahoma

We had a wonderful, relaxing time in Oklahoma. It was nice to see my family. The girls have been asking me for a few months if I missed MY mommy, so it was nice to get to see my momma and daddy :) I got to spend some time with my granny, the girls' great-grandmother. We should all look so good and be so spunky when we get to be her age. I got to see my brothers, Phil and Chris and sister, Kristy. We both were chasing rugrats, so we didn't get to talk as much as I would have liked, but it was nice to see and talk to her. We got to see our Auntie Carol, who showed the girls how to do origami.

I really enjoyed playing with my nieces and nephews. We have 4 nephews, Dylan, Simon, Lucas, and Seth. Of course, they are the most handsome boys on the face of the planet, but I'm really proud of what sweet and kind boys they are. My nieces, Marah and Livvy are just beautiful - inside and out. They and the girls got along so well. The first day we were with them, the 5 girls had a clothes swap. Marah and Livvy wore the girls clothes, and my girls wore Marah and Livvy's clothes. We were able to get out of a slumber party, but I bet next year will be different.
On Monday, we took the five girls and ran to the city for a girls' day. We went to Target - oh so fun!! Then we went to Chik-Fil-A for lunch. Mom and I used to celebrate my birthdays this way - the mall and shopping and Chik-Fil-A for lunch :) We dressed the 5 girls alike. We got so many comments on how beautiful they all were, and questions about how old they all were and were they sisters??? You see, Marah is 6, Gracie, Sophie, Izzy are 5, and Livvy is 4. Marah and Sophie look like twins, and Gracie and Livvy are blonde - it was hilarious watching people watching them. Sam took Dylan to a Redhawks game, much to Dylan's relief. I don't think he was excited about spending the day with 7 women :)

Pa Pa George took the grandkids for "Zuki" rides. I think the best part is all the scary stories he tells them. He takes them through "Booger Woods," and they have to keep an eye out for "Scruffy Bears!" He also hooked up two trailers to the lawn tractor, and all the kids took turns riding and driving.

Granny Linda is Super-Granny! She had a birthday cake for the March and April birthdays. There was never a hungry tummy, nor a bored grandchild. She always has something special planned.

The farm is just the most wonderful place to me. I got to see the girls enjoying so many things that I remember doing as a kid. Uncle Phil and Uncle Chris took them to the pond, and they were all up to their knees catching tadpoles, fry, and frogs. They found the most spectacular mudpuddle, and did what every kid loves to do - get horribly, terribly, mucky, muddy and filthy! They dug worms and grubs, found cool bugs, held chickens, played with kitties, and chased bunnies. Uncle Chris found a tortoise. We let them play with (torture) the poor thing for a few hours. They admired the large goldfish and bullfrog in Pa Pa and Granny's fishpond. How no one ended up IN the fishpond is beyond me. They got to go fishing with their daddy and caught some perch (and saw a few snakes). Daddy also put up the tent, and we camped in it one night. I went into the nice, warm bed around 5:00 in the morning, and being the good mother I am, left the girls and Sam, so I could have it ALL TO MYSELF. It is nice to hear the crickets and coyotes and other sounds of the country. The tent also got attacked by Pa Pa and Granny's kitties in the middle of the night, but excitement is excitement. Every day on the farm is a wonderful adventure. I even got to see a wonderful, Oklahoma thunderstorm.

We are blessed to have the wonderful family we have! Our girls have 5 wonderful, doting grandparents!

I'll post pictures and video later.

No comments: