The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jet lag, tonsillitis, and an eye infection

WOW! We had an amazing vacation and home visit!

We got in Monday night at about 9:30 p.m. We all slept really well and woke the next morning feeling refreshed. Sam and I were bragging (yes, we know better) that the jet lag coming, vs. going was soooo much better....then came 2:00 p.m.

On Tuesday, hours before the big "Glenn Crash - 2008," I took Gracie and Izzy to see Dr. Saskake. Gracie has some crazy eyelid infection, and I was worried Izzy had an ear infection. Sophie and I were so happy that she was HEALTHY! Well, as we are walking to the pharmacy around the corner from Dr. Sasake's, Sophie starts whining that her head hurts. She didn't eat breakfast, so I chalk it up to her low blood sugar. By the time we make it home, it's obvious she's sick - temperature and headache. By 4:30, we were all sound asleep around the house, except for Sam, who had gone to work.

While I enjoyed the extended sleep time for us all, 2:00 a.m. was NOT FUN. Sophie woke up first. Bless her heart, she was in a lot of pain. Her throat was hurting her really bad. She is not coughing a lot, but had an asthma attack. I gave her a treatment, and it took care of the coughing. But, my little nappers woke up and none of them ever made it back to bed. Sam was awesome and got up with them around 5:00, and I caught a couple of hours of sleep.

So, today I took Sophie back to Dr. Sasake. He diagnosed her with tonsillitis. The rapid strep test came back negative, but the girl's got some "pretty" white blisters on her throat. She has slept a large part of the day again. They all crashed in bed with me around 5:00. Sam called around 5:30 begging to be let in - he had rung the doorbell "several" times :(

Please, please, please pray that the other two don't get what Sophie has.

The good news, Gracie's eye started draining today, so hopefully we won't have to see an opthamologist.

I'll write and post vacation pics soon - it was so nice getting to see family and friends!!!

Love,
~Michelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome "home" I missed your blogs so much. Sorry everyone is sick. We drive to NC tomorrow for 4 days of "vacation" Suppose to be a nine hour drive. Any bets on how long it takes? :-)

chrissy

Cindy Tucker said...

Oh my goodness!!! Sounds like you had quite the homecoming! =)

It's taken me a few days to come up for air long enough to post on the blog. I hope by now that everyone is well and you're all caught up on sleep.

=)Cindy