The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sam!










Today was Daddy's birthday! The girls helped me make a chocolate cake. We put cherries in between the two layers and frosted it. Each of the girls picked a "decoration" for it. Izzy chose a puffer fish, Sophie chose a....duh-duh-duh...pony (you're shocked aren't you?), and Gracie chose a cheetah :)

Sam went to Sakae to the camera store to pick out his present. We went to the 100 yen store and bought presents, and the girls wrapped them. At this point Sam asked me how many times I would poke myself in the eye before realizing it hurt? I can say, after a "few" glasses of wine, and the girls are soundly asleep, that it was worth every minute! :) That wasn't exactly what I was saying a few hours ago ;)

The gifts: Sophie bought him, and there was no changing her mind, a wrench. Gracie bought him a little lantern flashlight, since she is always stealing his others. And Izzy bought him a huge metric tape measure. I bought him some cold winter supplies for his car, so I don't have to worry so much :)

Anyway, I hope my darling husband had a wonderful birthday and knows how much his girls appreciate him. We love you so much, honey! You are an awesome dad and husband!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sam!!!

Mrs. Glenn said...

Thank you, Courtney!

Cindy Tucker said...

Happy Birthday Sam! Sounds like you had a great time - the pictures are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Happy late bday Sam! I haven't checked the blog in several months. Sorry I missed it!! It looks like it was a blast!