The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas in Japan

I'm so looking forward to Christmas! We will be having neighbors and friends join us on Christmas Eve. My friend, Kim, will be coming over tomorrow to help me cook and bake. It's nice to have "girly" time.

Sam and Kim's husband, Wayne, are going to take the girls to play, while we cook and bake.

The girls are excited (ok, totally out of control) about Santa coming. They DO know that Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Jesus.

I know some of our family and friends have been worried about us. I can honestly tell you that Sam and I are loving this opportunity! We are so blessed to be given this opportunity. We are going to miss the people here so much! I can honestly tell you that I feel "at home" now. However, it is very difficult being away from family and friends as they are enduring extreme hardships. Please know we pray for you daily.

My new love- I love onigiri, which is a triangular-shaped rice cake. It is covered in dry seaweed and has a filling - I love the salmon!

We love you and will be sending Christmas cards - late as usual. I'm totally playing the triplet "card" at this point.

Merry Christmas!
~Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The rice cake sounds like something I would like! So glad you are dining on the great cuisine available!! I adore the pictures of when the girls were babies and what they look like now! You are outstanding parents!