The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Exceptional Customer Service!

Mr. Sakabe, the president of Tomei Homes, came by today to make sure we weren't having any problems with the house. When we moved in, he brought a gorgeous plant and a gift for each girl. Today, he showed up with an adorable Christmas basket, and three, cute Santa bags for each of the girls. He gave me his business card, which has our house on the back - how cool is it that they used our house for their business cards?!! Since we moved in, several of Tomei Homes' representatives have come by, bearing gifts, to make sure we were happy with our home. It's really nice how the Japanese value their customers :)

On another exciting note, Sam and I started Japanese lessons tonight. We take them every Thursday, from 7:00-8:30. Our teacher, Keiko-san, comes very highly recommended. Sam is teasing me because I'm just giddy, but it was so nice to sit and LEARN. The girls were really great about not interrupting. I'm looking forward to taking Keiko-san to the grocery store for a lesson, or several. We also want to go to some restaurants and have her help us with the menu and ordering. Sam reminded me that next week, we can have her tell us what our alarm "voice" is saying when we activate and deactivate it :)

We were also excited to get a quick visit from our friend, Ai! She came by to give the girls their Christmas gifts - they LOVED them! We're hoping she will be able to come for Christmas Eve dinner.

I will have to post pictures of our Christmas tree. We let the girls decorate......I'm dying to "fix" it, but I have to say there is something about it that just gives me warm fuzzies :) They were so proud!

Oyasuminasai (good night)!
~Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the photos. I'm so glad you are groving into the whole thing. Has anyone told you that it is traditional for the tenet to visit the Landlord on New Years? you are usually a dozen steps ahead of me on this stuff. Don't know why I continue to add my half penny. Just Mom talk. Love and miss you terribly. Did Sam make it down the rolly slide without injury?? Looks like his kind of fun. Oh I can't ever rember the name or password on this thing. Love Mom