The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Yep, I'm an Idiot! An OLD idiot!

We went to the 100 yen store today. Sophie has had her eye on a flute there for a few weeks. Izzy decided she wanted a flute too - what? no stickers, insects, or dinosaurs?!? Gracie (that's my girl) decided she wanted to be different :) Does she go with the stuffed animal, the bag of cotton balls, ANYTHING quiet???? Nope, she goes for the little drum (it was a toss-up between the drum and guitar). It's a 100 yen store drum...how loud can it be? Did I mention what an idiot I am?!?

So, being the good mother (I wish), I go out front to water the flowers that I planted with them yesterday (being the good mother). I hear this "noise"... there are various vehicles that drive around town blaring messages in Japanese...but, none to my knowledge that play Hannah Montana???? Yep, it's coming from the second story of OUR house, exactly where the Glenn Girls' room is located. As the blood begins to boil, I remind myself of all the times my parents came running into the room to tell me, "Turn that music down!" Although I'm sure I wasn't 4 going on 5! About that time, Izzy throws open the front door, and plays her flute for me. I take a very, VERY, deep breath, and ask that she goes and tells her sisters to please turn down the music (with a smile). I finish watering...Izzy, either didn't make it upstairs to deliver my message, or, I shudder to think.....ignored me. By this point, I figure I must capture this on tape and share with the world - you know, to get even with them (mwaahaahaahaaa!).

So here are the Glenn Girls accompanying Hannah:


I didn't catch Sophie's introduction at the beginning of the video, "Intro-ducing, the greatest singer in the world - ME!" We may have issues, but self-esteem issues isn't one of them.

Love and Hugs!
~Michelle

2 comments:

Cindy Tucker said...

Well well, they are quite the musicians, aren't they? ha ha ha!

Flutes and drums, etc. are the kinds of things that grandmothers and aunts are supposed to buy them - not mommies! LOL

Kally said...

Michelle,

Hahaha - what were you thinking?!?! The girls got recorders last year, and they mysteriously dissappeared one night.... hehe.

Although, this year for their birthday, Bella asked for a real quitar (even though we have like 5 in the house) and Maddy wants REAL (big) drums to play with... AHHHHHH!!!! Needless to say - they won't be getting them, hehe...

Happy (almost) birthday to the girls, by the way - It's the 12th right?