The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Our Miracle Babies are 5!

Wow! I remember thinking (crying) I would never have a baby. Then feeling the joy of finally seeing the two lines on the pregnancy test...I waited 7 years to see those two little pink lines. I remember waking Sam up at 5:30 in the morning to tell him I was pregnant! I remember him saying, "but I signed us up for scuba lessons???" I remember being REALLY ANGRY with him over that statement. I remember taking "several" more pregnacy tests, because I just couldn't believe my dream had finally come true. I remember seeing the precious "flicker" on the second sonogram. The first sonogram was too early to tell.

I remember going in, at 12 weeks, to have our third ultrasound, with a new OB/GYN. I remember telling him I was getting big really fast, and him telling me, "You're pregnant, honey." I remember Julie, the sonographer, finding two babies...I was so excited - I had always hoped for TWINS!!! I remember, Julie, the sonographer, saying she had made a mistake...nope, we see two babies. I remember her saying, "No, there are three babies!" I remember Sam telling her to "QUIT LOOKING!" I remember being hysterical and being asked repeatedly if I was OK. OK??? I wanted twins. Who has triplets? I remember actually driving myself to the bank afterwords??? Seriously, who lets someone drive after telling them, "you're not having one baby - you're having triplets!!" I'm thinking the hormones/shock rank right up there with "INTOXICATION!"

I remember calling our families to tell them the news. I remember my big brother, Phil, laughing at me. I remember Sam doing a lot of research and being so incredibly strong for both of us. He related all the positive and dealt with the other possibilities. There is so much more that I remember:
~Telling our parents, brothers and sisters, and dear friends about our miracles
~I had to eat A Lot when first waking up in the morning
~The first kick
~The first "Baby Party" at 4:00 in the morning
~Craving polish sausage dogs, cherry icees, and Fruity Pebbles
~Having my mom and Sam's mom and dad see the girls on ultrasound
~Finding out we we're having three girls
~Deciding on names
~Anxiously awaiting each ultrasound and doctor's visit
~Worrying about not knowing what a contraction felt like
~Making it to 28 weeks
~Having to have physical therapy (and the wonderful back massages)
~My back going out while trying to lift a laundry basket
~Snuggling Sam and letting The Girls kick him :)
~Watching my stomach when all three were active
~Looking at my swollen feet and thinking, "Ewwww!"
~No longer fitting behind the steering wheel
~Working up until 31 weeks - GO GLENN GIRLS!!!
~Going to the hospital on April 12th
~Having my husband by my side
~Having my momma and friends there with me
~Getting the spinal - they kept telling me I had to bend over more (Hello, have you seen the stomach?!?!
~Seeing Sam come through the doors :)
~Being told that Baby A was delivered, followed by B and C
~Hearing quiet then 3 precious, miraculous cries
~Holding Gracie on my chest
~Aching to hold Izzy and Sophie, but knowing they were in good hands
~Getting to snuggle Gracie all night
~Getting to hold Izzy for the first time
~Praying all night for God to heal Sophie
~Getting to hold Sophie for the first time

So much has happened between now and then - both difficult and joyous. God has led us through so much, and we, as a family, are grateful for his blessings of health, family, and friends.

We are so proud of our daughters. We don't know what God has in store for us, but we try to listen with all our hearts. The girls tell me often, "I believe in God, Mommy."

There is so much about our 3 little ladies that make us proud!!!

We thank our family and friends for supporting us over the last 5 years, and we thank God for His wisdom, guidance, and love.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Happy 5th Birthday to our favorite triplet girls.

Love,
Brianna, Matthew, and Ryan

Anonymous said...

And you still haven't done the scuba class.

Cindy Tucker said...

You made me cry just remembering all these incredible moments you've had! I hope you all had 3 times the happiness on this special birthday! I can't wait to celebrate in person soon. =)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the girls!! I haven't taken my makeup off yet but I don't think there is much left to take off after that. I'll never forget the day you called me, driving home by yourself, after you found out you were having triplets. What a moment. :)

Anonymous said...

They have brought so much joy to our lives. The day they were born was the happiest, and the scaryest. So thrilled with Gracie, trilled but concerned with Izzy, and so heartbroken to see Sophie so sick. They are all answers to many many prayers. God knew what he was doing when he gave them to you two.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone
I loved the latest image of the girls, so hard for me to imagine them already 5 years old. I did think of them on their birthday, who could ever forget that day????

Shale I saw where Linda was asking about new pictures of the girls and I gave her the URL for this blog, so hopefully she will visit.

I have not been on the computer much since Christmas, that old devil Crohn's Disease has really knocked me back this year, but I am finally improving.

I love reading all your experiences living in Japan. You make it all fun.

Love to all,

Susie and Josh