The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Friday, February 8, 2008

Holy Guacamole!




Not quite sure where Gracie has picked up this expression, but it's her new phrase. I wasn't getting up in a "timely" manner this morning (kept telling her "just a minute"). As she is coming up the stairs to try and rouse me from bed, I hear, "Holy Guacamole! How long is a MINUTE?!?" Well, it worked - I got up.

I'll have to take a picture of our kitty, "Stubby." Of course, she is not our kitty, but she uses our yard as a potty box and detour to get where she wants to go. We call her Stubby, because she has no tail. She is a big, orange cat. Pretty sure she is a girl, because she spent several nights outside the girls' window yowling for a boyfriend :) When Sophie was so sick with her asthma, she and I would lay in her bed laughing at Stubby.

I stepped away from this post for about an hour. I looked outside and it was snowing!! Of course, we had to go out and play in it. It's actually starting to accumulate - we'll see :) Right now, the girls are drinking hot cocoa and eating vanilla wafers.

Poor Sam was trying to sleep in when the girls noticed the snow - he's wide awake now :)

That's another difference between Nagoya and Fort Worth. Typically, it just snows here - not all the sleet and ice that Fort Worth gets.

I ordered pizza last night. I'm quite proud of myself in that I know what they are asking, and I can give some of my order in Japanese. The problem is the more Japanese I use, the less English they use :) Not really a problem because it forces me to keep learning and practicing.

At Japanese lessons this week, Keiko-san taught us time. Lessons are getting more challenging, but I feel they are really helping. Each week, I'm able to use a little more Japanese.

We're looking forward to our home visit. We will be in Fort Worth for a week, Oklahoma for a week, and a week in the Turks/Caicos Islands. We are staying at Beaches, which has tons of things for the girls to do. Before we fly home, we are going to stay a few nights at the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine. It's a very kid-oriented hotel with a water park inside! The girls should really enjoy their vacation! I'm looking forward to Walmart, Target, Kohl's, Big Lots, Hobby Lobby, Chinese food, Mexican food, and Sonic!

2 comments:

Cindy Tucker said...

Holy Guacamole! How precious!!!!!

Looks like y'all are getting some good snow! I think it was at least 80 here today, so I was happy - even though the snow is absolutely beautiful, I prefer the milder weather over the cold stuff!

So, when is your trip home??? I can't wait to see you all!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can't wait to see you!! I have had several kids in my class that have stayed at the Great Wolf Logde. They have all loved it. How fun a vacation you are going to have! Wow, talk about world travelers!