The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Your Category: Things you might see in a Japanese pet store

Actually, it's a pet store/plant store, but whatever you call it, the girls and I LOVE to go and look at all the cool stuff :)

Back to the game....see how many of these you could guess:

1. dogs ($800-1,500 US dollars)

2. cats ($800-1,000 US dollars)

3. rabbits (I believe these were around $200)

4. guinea pigs

5. What I believe was a hairless guinea pig (at first I thought it was a baby pig)

6. hamsters

7. gerbils, rats, and mice (with or without hair and tails)

8. birds (every kind imaginable, including babies without their feathers yet - I'm starting to see a trend here)

9. lizards and frogs (again, every kind imaginable - I didn't see ANY snakes :) )

10. beetles

11. tortoises and turtles (Izzy wants one really bad)

12. chinchillas

13. ferrets ($300 and, no, that doesn't include the cage - Izzy wants one of these, too)

14. ducks (just your plain-white-with-orange-beaks ducks - Sophie wants one)

15. A monkey ($5,500 - he was really cute)

16. chipmunks (yep, Chip 'N Dale are big here)

17. What I believe were squirrels (you NEVER see squirrels here, so maybe someone has figured out a market for them)

18. Fish (including salt water, tropical, stingrays, puffer fish, lion fish, shrimp) I have to say, though, we can get a nice goldfish for $1 - 5.00

And, the biggest surprise of all, we made it out of the store without any bites !!!

Remind me to tell you all about Gracie getting bitten by the goat.....
~Michelle

No comments: