The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

I know I keep saying it, but, what a week!






Sophie "Bear" is living up to her name. She used to be a Snuggle bear, but lately, she's been a Grizzly. Poor baby has been sick since we got back from home leave. I checked her mouth this morning, and she still has blisters, red throat, and patches of assorted colors. She has been diagnosed with tonsillitis, stomatitis, and now, oral herpes (lovely, I know). I honestly don't know what to think at this point. I am thankful that the other two haven't gotten whatever "it" is.



We went today for the girls' modeling assignment. They were asked to be hair/makeup models by a couple of students from the Mode Gakuen. We met them last week. The girls committed to doing it, so today was "practice," Gracie volunteered to be first, so she was "foofed" for a couple of hours. Sunday, we will meet the girls and do the photo shoot. It is definately, like most things we've experienced so far, not what we were expecting, but they all had a great time. I was amazed at the art the students create with hair and makeup. Most of all, I was amazed that our girls sat there so patient and well-behaved, especially Gracie! We had a talk about how people were "counting" on them and what a special responsibility that is. I was ever so so proud of my little ladies today. Sophie is SOOOO excited about getting to go next. Izzy was her usual, "whatever.." Ok, keep in mind, the hair and makeup reminds me of what you would see on the "runway." The photos I took just don't do the colors and itricacy justice. Just about everything the students create is done by hand. The pictures of the finished product will go into their portfolios. The "flower" is an American, who interprets for us. She is so kind to meet us at Nagoya Station and take us to the School. She arrived in September, and is exceptionally fluent in Japanese already. She said she was an exchange student in high school. She is now going to university here - no family, etc,...Quite amazing! Thanks, Katy!!












4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC!! I bet the girls loved it. Talk about dress-up. If I remember the Japanese usually run-away with the international hair-stylist compititionl. It is also great you will have some more extended family!! What experiences for them. Dear
Sophie I hope they find something to help you QUICK Has she been eating or drinking anything different since you got back?? Allergies? if not the cause maybe a contributing factor. I hope you find the answer to that fast. Keep us posted on the fun!! Love Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is the coolest thing. The girls looked so cute! It is amazing to think they created all those hairstyles by hand. What a cool experience!
I'll be praying for Sophie girl! Poor baby.

Anonymous said...

GRACIE looked so cute! lol When I went back and looked again, I realized it was just her. Cute, Cute, Cute!!!!

Cindy Tucker said...

Oh WOW - those pictures are amazing! I can't wait to see more pictures of Gracie and then Izzy and Sophie in the weeks to come! I know I wouldn't be patient enough to sit while they did that to me, so I'm very impressed that they can!

I can't believe Sophie is still sick - poor baby! I hope you all can find the right cure for her so she can feel better and get back to normal!

Love y'all!
=)Cindy