The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Yaeyama Island tour

A few weeks ago my kiteboard instructor setup a group trip to the Yaeyama Islands, which are part of Japan but very close to Taiwan.

Because I have the best wife in the world, I got to go along.

Wednesday, we flew to Naha, changed planes and then on down to Ishigaki Island where we checked in and ate diner.

This is where we went.






Thursday, we drove around Ishigaki Island to do sightseeing.
This is a road.

Then it got better.


Then a traffic jam :)

These are a couple places we went to on Isigaki Island




Later in the day,we took a water taxi over to Taketomi Island which is very small and beautiful.







This is a water taxi used to go to the smaller islands.


Thursday evening we took a water taxi over to Kohoma Island. This is where we stayed at on Kohama Island.

This is the resort beach were we stayed at.


While sightseeing,this is one of the nearby islands.


I really like Okinawa food.


Friday night diner after a hard day of kiteboarding.



The music we enjoyed during diner.

My instructor posted some video clips here. There is one of me finally getting to kiteboard about three-fourths the way down.

http://ameblo.jp/superfly/entry-10154673744.html

Many thanks to my wonderful wife!!

No comments: