The Three Little Kittens

The Three Little Kittens
Remarkably, they didn't lose their mittens!

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sumo Practice

Sorry I've not posted in awhile. I have some catching up to do. Today, we attended Sumo practice at Narita-san, a shrine in Inuyama. It is the location of the Tokitsukaze-stable.

We were able to watch the wrestlers practice, took pictures with them, and then ate Chankonabe with them for lunch.
The wrestler pictured with the girls is Shimotori-san. He was so wonderful with them. Here is more information on him on Wikipedia:

It was an amazing experience, and I was so proud of the girls for trying and liking the Chankonabe (Sam, too). Afterwards, they wrestled with one of the wrestlers.

Much thanks to my friends Naomi-san, her husband and Kumiko-san for a wonderful experience for our family. The wrestlers and others were so amazing with the girls!
Gracie and Shimotori-san
Izzy and Shimotori-san
Sophie and Shimotori-san
Sumo Sophie
Triplet Power!
The Power of Three :)
Upset!

Tatsuta-san serving Chankonabe - Oishii-desu!

Tying a topknot

The Practice Ring

My Sophie

My Izzy

My Gracie

My Beautiful Family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow!! That looks like so fun. The girls have grown so much and more beautiful every day!! You and Sam both look good too!! I can't wait till you get home. I'm so glad you have such wonderfull friends to share their culture. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

These are great pictures! What fun you all must have had! =)

Cindy